- This class has passed.
Metal Clay 2: Quilling with Paper Type Clay
June 13 @ 10:00 am - June 14 @ 5:00 pm
Quilling (paper filigree) is an ancient art technique used during the Renaissance to decorate book covers, cards, jewelry and religious items. It involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, looped, curled and twisted to create shapes. Students will learn this ageless art form using Silver Metal Clay Paper Type, a unique paper-thin sheet of 99.9% fine silver clay that remains soft during working time and requires no drying time. First learn basic quilling shapes and designs and practice with regular paper before transitioning to Metal Clay Paper. Once confident students will form shapes for the construction of pendant and earring projects. In addition to quilling other uses for Metal Clay Paper Type will be demonstrated.
Basic Metal Clay experience is helpful but not required.
Techniques taught include:
- Storage and use of Metal Clay Paper Type
- Successful techniques for cutting Paper Type clay into thin strips
- Shaping strips into various designs
- Attaching shaped strips to form filigree art work
- Successful firing techniques for Paper Type
- Applique and other uses for Paper Type Clay