Metal Clay 2: Color your Metal (On-line class 3 weeks)
July 21 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
This is an on-line class. The class meets 1 day a week for 3 weeks, each class is 3 hours. Classes begin on July 21 and end on August 4.
Continue to explore the versatility of metal clay. Adding color to jewelry projects is an excellent way to add interest, depth and value to our work. There are many patination formulas on the market now that can add color and meaning to our projects. Students will learn designs appropriate for the specific coloring techniques.
- Planning and designing for color
- Creating channel depths to enhance the visual effects of patina
- Framing areas for color enrichment
- Manual polishing and finishing reviewed
- Preparing the surface of a fired piece prior to adding color
- Combining diverse applications of color on one piece
- Shading colors
- Enhancing coloring techniques with a butane torch
- Setting stones to enrich the color and texture of the project
- Removing color when the results are not adequate
Projects taught will be fireable with a butane torch – safe to do at home. Safety precautions and set up will be reviewed.