Metal Clay 2: Hinges and Movement on-line class (4 weeks)
September 22 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This is an interactive on-line class. Meets 1 time per week for 4 weeks. Each class is 3 hours.
In this advanced workshop students will learn techniques to create metal clay jewelry with moving components. Movement designs include elements that may be hinged together or have sections that swing and spin. Topics covered include:
- Techniques for forming small metal clay tubing to be used as hinge knuckles
- Trimming, fitting and attaching tubes to form a hinge
- Creating earring posts with metal clay and wire
- Planning and building individual mechanisms which are then engineered and attached as freestanding elements to a larger base creating a swinging or spinning motion
- Designing and building fancy bails from which a stone set pendant swings
While learning students will create a pair of hinged earrings and a pendant with moving parts. Prior Metal Clay experience is required.